Rising Storm Campaign Server

Important updates will be posted here.
Intense
Site Admin

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

Than you for the feedback, we are taking all the suggestions into consideration and discuss. I want to mention that nobody is gonna ban 22 and his guys, that is out of the question, just because the server gets unbalanced. All we want is to have the server more enjoyable for everyone, and not to be a wild wild west.

ArchoN

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am

Arschbürste wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm
Something worth trying - however a bit naive maybe - might be appealing to players to balance game by switching teams (e. g. with a special notification after 4 lost/won rounds in a row. Some people on the winning side might not be as aware of the inbalance as the losing team is).
I can assure you those stacking the Jap team are fully aware that the teams are imbalanced - it's why we're in this sticky situation in the first place.

Cackat

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm

You misunderstood my radio operator idea, G84. I never said "remove the map radios and replace with player-controlled mobile radio". I just said ADD, not REPLACE. Also, you are throwing out assumptions that a low lvl will take it. Everyone has an equal chance of taking it and working (or not) with the TL. Just like in RS2 & HotW.

Your point about limiting TL and SL roles to lvl40 or above is actually brilliant.

More flamers on maps? On defence? Hell no. The flamethrower and knee mortar have absolutely NO downsides on defence. The flamer can just sit in cover and protect an entrance. On attack he actually has to be smart about his movement because of his limited range, to close the distance without dying. Some objectives have only a couple entrance points. Pushing into 5 flamers watching 2 entrance points wouldn't be hard, it would be impossible.
And on maps with quick ammo crate resupply, the 5+ knee mortars could endlessly spam and basically be never ending arty - that the other team can do nothing about as they can sit too far behind the obj where you can't get to them. Both the flamethrower and knee mortar are OP (as the devs intended, that's why they are limited to only a few per team).
And incredibly UNFUN to play against. Who wants to be sprayed down by a hose with the hitbox of a truck, or killed from 180m away by a guy that is eating soup with one hand and spamming mortars with the other. More of them would break the game. But both are needed however to prevent a "tactical blob" from zerging.

Reducing arty and recon recharge? At what point do we stop though? When the defenders have 60sec arty recharge (basically endless arty)? It would get to ridiculous extremes, as already arty recharge is quick in this game. But not quick enough to be spammed.

Increasing defender tickets and decreasing map timer? Again, at what extreme do we stop? If the defenders start at a ridiculous ticket advantage, they can just keep mindlessly suiciding into the objective to keep the attackers out, with no real cost for doing so.

Decreasing map timer? It could get ridiculous too; with 4 minutes or less to capture all objectives. Only thing that would do is make the attacking team's ONLY choice to rush and disregard everything else. As you don't give them neither the time nor the tickets to try and outkill the defenders or move slowly and tactfully. And again, it would make the defenders mindlessly throw themselves at the objective, instead of actually strategizing. The current maggot hill is a perfect example. The map is a contest of who can throw more people into the objective.

And in my honest opinion, this entire problem stems from the fact that 22 is literally the ONLY person in RS (quite possibly in whole of RO2) that actually organizes their team. No one else does it. In my 5 or so year experience with both RO2 and RS, I've only ever met one guy that actually assumed the position of a leader and organized his team. Coincidentally, whenever he played, the russians rolled the germans in record time too. It's so silly, that TLs that only ever speak to say "2 minutes until arty" are praised as good. With the only difference between them and a lower level TL is they opened their mouth for 2 seconds to relay information most people will find useless for their current situation anyway.

If no one is coordinating your team, it is YOUR job to assume that position. "But I'm not experi-" SHUT UP. If no one else is speaking, you ARE experienced enough to do the job. Being a bad leader is better than being leaderless. You talking, coordinating and strategizing will make other people in your team do the same. I know from experience. All it takes is one guy to spark the flame, and it changes everything. 22 is the living proof of that. A team that is disorganized and is off doing their own thing stands absolutely no chance against a coordinated one. And it should be that way. It forces teamwork on both sides, which makes for epic games.

My suggestion is to put a message on the server that pops up and promotes communication and coordination. People will stay longer in the server that way, as people that buy these kinds of games love teamwork and when people are actually talking and organizing. That's why everyone flocks to 22's team. The only non-ridiculous way to fix this is to get people to start organizing. So if you are reading this, that means YOU. You need to start organizing.

And Archon, aren't you that guy that is religiously opposed to the banzai mechanic? Every time I've seen you, you've been constantly complaining via MIC how you hate it. While playing on axis. If you hate a core game mechanic so much, around which the faction is based on, why play the game, mate? I dislike vehicle combat, so I don't play battlefield. Easy as that.

G_84

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Dear Cackat

Thank you for your criticism and feedback, we need to discuss with each other to help divided resolve the balance issue and hopefully bring back the campaign mode.

I understood your radioman idea, you wanted mobile radio station in addition to the static ones , but I still don't think that remote radio will change much. I agree that In maps like, for example Maggot Hill or last cap in Iwo, where radio is in middle of the firefight, having a remote ratio would be a great help that's for sure, but in other cases TL can withdraw to the safe location behind front line. Also I want you to ask yourself a question, how many times noobs are taking the important roles before more experienced players does ? I never played RS2, so I don't know how it works there, the only games where I saw radioman in action was Vietcong and mod for Operation Flashpoint called Vietnam the Experience, so maybe im just being brainless idiot and remote radios will cure the server.

I don't think that more flamers will destroy the balance, server, game, and maybe humanity. Look at Otori-Shima map, US team have, I think 6 flamers there and this map don't mean insta win for allies as defenders, of course I don't suggest that US should have ten or eleven flamers in every map because this is just ridiculous, I propose that we should add one max two flamers in case of stack so allies could have some extra banzai stopping capabilities. Same thing with tickets and time scaling, I don't want to reduce time to some ridiculous extent like 5 mins for entire Saipan map, because this would be just stupid, I just want to reduce time simply to make things HARDER but not to make it IMPOSSIBLE. And about defenders mindlessly rushing into the cap, keep in mind that US player's don't have banzai mechanism, it will take max 3 - 4 bullets to send Johnny into Happy Hunting Grounds before he can ever reach the cap zone.

I really want to belive that messages about team inequality and fair play rules would move people's hearts and minds and motivate them to balance the teams, but right now we have a red message shouted on chat every few seconds by auto admin, which says "Play fair and try to balance the teams", and yet we are here discussing how to solve the balance issue, so I guess this message is not very effective. Wanna better example ? Every time when you use WinRar without license, he pops up a message which says that you have to buy the license, funny thing is, I don't know a single person who ever bought this license. Why ? Because program works without it and nobody give a damn about buying license, same thing here, people keep stacking because they know that they can't be punished for it and no message gonna change that.

And finally about flamers being Unfun, you know what is more unfun than flamers ? Losing a map in 5 mins after mass banzai charge performed by stacked team, and then losing another game same way, and then losing an entire campaign that way, THIS is reason why we are here now, we have to give allies some bonuses in case of stack or we never gonna resolve the balance issue,and sure the best resolution would be having a charismatic TL on US side along with more veterans, but right now we don't have those people, so we have to figure out another way.

HugoStiglitz

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:19 am

Is it possible to revert the campaign mode before this weekend?

SmokedProphet

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 am

Cackat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm
You misunderstood my radio operator idea, G84. I never said "remove the map radios and replace with player-controlled mobile radio". I just said ADD, not REPLACE. Also, you are throwing out assumptions that a low lvl will take it. Everyone has an equal chance of taking it and working (or not) with the TL. Just like in RS2 & HotW.

Your point about limiting TL and SL roles to lvl40 or above is actually brilliant.

More flamers on maps? On defence? Hell no. The flamethrower and knee mortar have absolutely NO downsides on defence. The flamer can just sit in cover and protect an entrance. On attack he actually has to be smart about his movement because of his limited range, to close the distance without dying. Some objectives have only a couple entrance points. Pushing into 5 flamers watching 2 entrance points wouldn't be hard, it would be impossible.
And on maps with quick ammo crate resupply, the 5+ knee mortars could endlessly spam and basically be never ending arty - that the other team can do nothing about as they can sit too far behind the obj where you can't get to them. Both the flamethrower and knee mortar are OP (as the devs intended, that's why they are limited to only a few per team).
And incredibly UNFUN to play against. Who wants to be sprayed down by a hose with the hitbox of a truck, or killed from 180m away by a guy that is eating soup with one hand and spamming mortars with the other. More of them would break the game. But both are needed however to prevent a "tactical blob" from zerging.

Reducing arty and recon recharge? At what point do we stop though? When the defenders have 60sec arty recharge (basically endless arty)? It would get to ridiculous extremes, as already arty recharge is quick in this game. But not quick enough to be spammed.

Increasing defender tickets and decreasing map timer? Again, at what extreme do we stop? If the defenders start at a ridiculous ticket advantage, they can just keep mindlessly suiciding into the objective to keep the attackers out, with no real cost for doing so.

Decreasing map timer? It could get ridiculous too; with 4 minutes or less to capture all objectives. Only thing that would do is make the attacking team's ONLY choice to rush and disregard everything else. As you don't give them neither the time nor the tickets to try and outkill the defenders or move slowly and tactfully. And again, it would make the defenders mindlessly throw themselves at the objective, instead of actually strategizing. The current maggot hill is a perfect example. The map is a contest of who can throw more people into the objective.

And in my honest opinion, this entire problem stems from the fact that 22 is literally the ONLY person in RS (quite possibly in whole of RO2) that actually organizes their team. No one else does it. In my 5 or so year experience with both RO2 and RS, I've only ever met one guy that actually assumed the position of a leader and organized his team. Coincidentally, whenever he played, the russians rolled the germans in record time too. It's so silly, that TLs that only ever speak to say "2 minutes until arty" are praised as good. With the only difference between them and a lower level TL is they opened their mouth for 2 seconds to relay information most people will find useless for their current situation anyway.

If no one is coordinating your team, it is YOUR job to assume that position. "But I'm not experi-" SHUT UP. If no one else is speaking, you ARE experienced enough to do the job. Being a bad leader is better than being leaderless. You talking, coordinating and strategizing will make other people in your team do the same. I know from experience. All it takes is one guy to spark the flame, and it changes everything. 22 is the living proof of that. A team that is disorganized and is off doing their own thing stands absolutely no chance against a coordinated one. And it should be that way. It forces teamwork on both sides, which makes for epic games.

My suggestion is to put a message on the server that pops up and promotes communication and coordination. People will stay longer in the server that way, as people that buy these kinds of games love teamwork and when people are actually talking and organizing. That's why everyone flocks to 22's team. The only non-ridiculous way to fix this is to get people to start organizing. So if you are reading this, that means YOU. You need to start organizing.

And Archon, aren't you that guy that is religiously opposed to the banzai mechanic? Every time I've seen you, you've been constantly complaining via MIC how you hate it. While playing on axis. If you hate a core game mechanic so much, around which the faction is based on, why play the game, mate? I dislike vehicle combat, so I don't play battlefield. Easy as that.
We have already adjusted tickets, timers and arty timers for numerous of maps in RS1 (Maggot Hill for example), and they have had little to no effect as of yet. It's really hard to balance a game where one team has the ability to bum-rush the map with a huge health buff and a constant field of suppression applied around them. The suppression buff combined with the absence of higher level players on the US team, will always lead to defeat for the US. It's easy to say "all the US team needs to win is coordination and communication", but it is a half truth at best when the vast majority of higher level players are on the "playable" side of the banzai charge, whereas all the low level players, the players without the necessary suppression resistance to counter the banzai charge buffs, are on the US team.

If it were up to me, I would straight up nerf the banzai ability when a Staxis appeared. A heavily stacked team doesnt need a handicap to win against a team full of noobs.

BRDGmbH

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Danke, dass Du mich erwähnt hast. Sehr anständig. Frohe Ostern!

G_84

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 pm

If we gonna nerf banzai, I would propose to leave the suppression effect intact, since I think it's pretty intimidating to see a horde of Japanese soldiers charging your way, and get ride of bullet shield that Japanese got when they are charging, since this is not realistic at all.

Happy Easter everyone.

SmokedProphet

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:33 pm

G_84 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 pm
If we gonna nerf banzai, I would propose to leave the suppression effect intact, since I think it's pretty intimidating to see a horde of Japanese soldiers charging your way, and get ride of bullet shield that Japanese got when they are charging, since this is not realistic at all.

Happy Easter everyone.
It is the combination of the two that makes the banzai charge unbalanced. From a non-stacked POV, it would make more sense to nerf the suppression buff and keep the health buff, as the US have access to heavier firepower. If it's easier to aim at the rushing targets, it's easier to kill them, even with a health buff. If the health buff was - theoretically - removed, the US could just hipfire down the charging japs with ease, especially if they have a drum mag Thompson. There is a "hurrah" charge in RO2, that relies on Soviets grouping up and melee charging at the enemy, the charge gives them a suppression buff (not as high as the banzai, but still a buff), but with no health buffs it is utterly useless.

Happy Easter to you as well.

G_84

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

You probably right. One way or another, we really need campaign mode back.