Rising Storm Campaign Server

Important updates will be posted here.
BRDGmbH

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Greetings, gentlemen of Divided.

Certainly I am not the first nor the last one to inquire about the reason for closing the Campaign for RS?

Thank you for the great time we have had with the Campaign so far and hopefully it will return.

Cheers.

Maydar
Loading…

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Hello sir,

We chose to switch the server to map vote after continued complaints regarding balance. Whilst this is not the ideal solution, having tried many others, we've decided to give it a go and see what happens.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Maydar.

BRDGmbH

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 am

Hi, Maydar.

Thank you for your quick reply. I shall pass on the info to the folks.

lemmerdeur

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 pm

pros:
• less stacking
• mod maps are played

cons:
• seemingly lower average server population
• many people leave the server when a mod map is chosen
• campaign is more fun

ps. I registered to make this post. thanks for single handedly keeping RS1 alive, Divided. your servers seem well run and are always fun to play on.

doka mori maccho

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Hello.

I registered to the website because I would like to have campaign mode back.

Recently the Rising Storm server is almost always empty, or there are only 20 players active (at most) in evening hours, and playing agaist bots just isn't fun.

I am perfectly aware of the stacking and balancing problems, but with the campaign mode the server was always full... and considering this is an old game, that was a great thing (even if there are some players on the japanese team abusing the voice chat which is really annoying). So please consider keeping the community alive which is the most important thing if we want to continue playing the game.

I also invite other players to register to this forum and give some feedback to Divided staff.

Rammetall

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 pm

I agree with previous users. Now the server is almost empty and it is sad. Only -Divided- kept Rising Storm alive.

memento mori

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello. I registered to voice my opinion on the current state of the server.

While it is fun to play on custom maps every once in a while (albeit half the server leaves after a custom map is chosen), the campaign mode for me (and by the looks of things, many other people) is where the core fun lies at.
Many times have I stayed for an hour, two or even much longer than I intended to play, just because I wanted to see how the campaign will end; whether to try and stop the enemy's onslaught or put the final nail in their coffin - it creates a camaraderie and an actual sense of accomplishment; whether my team wins or loses, the fun factor never leaves.

However, the map voting system takes away all of that. I am no longer immersed in fighting a war, now all the fun is reduced to the end result of the current battle, where the result in and of itself is meaningless; as whether we win or lose does not reward us nor punish us, nor create a sense of brotherhood in the team.
Now I am finding myself playing for only a few rounds and, where usually the result of the campaign would keep me playing, the current system makes me just log off.
The server is much emptier now, at peak EU time it barely reaches 40 players, as I think the others feel the same about the campaign mode being removed.

Endyas
Loading…

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello lemmerdeur, doka mori maccho, Rammetall and memento mori.

Firstly welcome to the forums and thank you for going to the efforts of creating an account to give us your feedback on our choice regarding the Rising Storm server. As Maydar explained above and some of you are also aware of, the change to map voting was made for the sake of balance. We of Divided value balanced games, and after many complaints arose we resorted to the final solution we could think of.

Our members and administration are aware of your opinions regarding the map voting and we will discuss this to hopefully find a better conclusion. If you have any further ideas or feedback, please feel free to use this thread for them.

Thank you for becoming more vocal for the sake of this game that we all enjoy!

Best regards

P.S. You are welcome to join our Discord for a more real-time discussion on the topic. I will not be available for a week starting on Sunday, but we will surely be able to arrange something after my vacation.

HugoStiglitz

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I don't think that stacking the axis team is a problem that can be solved by turning the campaign mode off. In fact I don't see anything wrong with stacking axis. I, as a veteran player, like challenges. I don't mind losing games when I know I play against good opponents.

The only thing that this change has done is drastically reducing the player base of the server. The best thing to do right now would be to revert the setting back, before all the players forget that some RisingStorm server even exists.

HugoStiglitz

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm

It's sunday evening and there are 40 poeple playing on the server with no experienced people at all. This is not fun at all.